Decorating....and favorite new things !!!
11:47 AM 0 Comments »It is time to make some changes !! Fall is almost here.....
The above candle makes me so happy, I found it recently in Kohl's of all places. It is a Yankee Candle and it is called SoHo Living, the fragrance is called Aquamarine. I love it because I love the scent (although it can be a little over-powering if you burn it for too long) and the color as it just matches the new pillows that I put in the family room. I also purchased smaller ones just to set here and there behind pictures as they give off a scent even when they are not lite.
On my favorite banana yellow couch I found the greatest pillows at Pottery Barn on our Queens Event day. Of course we all wanted everything in Pottery Barn. These were spendy pillows but I fell in love with the colors. What do you think? I am trying to decide if I should keep them....yikes I have never spent that much on pillows before so want to make sure I love them ALOT !!!! I also put them on a bed in Charity's room and they look good there as well so double use out of them when I want a change......I love them on the couch just not sure yet if it is TOO much with my chairs???
This is Robin's room where I brought out something I fell in love with about three years ago, a poppy duvet cover and pillow shams....this room needed a change so I rather like it now, it makes me happy. Pillows can make a room look so cozy and give it a much needed change, an inexpensive way to get a new look, unless you purchase your pillows from Pottery Barn.......opps honey I over spent on these pillows but I know that you like change and appreciate it as much as I do.
And this is Charity's room, where I flipped the bedspread and on this side it is stripped instead of floral so I can get a whole new look, I have placed my new Pottery Barn pillows on the bed and in person they spice up the room. I used to have lots of smaller family-framed photo's above this bed as the A Team and Tylan loved them but was getting sick of that look, so I brought this picture in from another part of the house. It is a fresh, simple look but would rather have a larger picture going horizontal above the bed ...but oh well this is all that I have today....
I feel that the main thing with decorating is to LOVE the item that you purchase. Always make sure that you have an accent color and then carry that color around the room as the eye moves and the look will all come together. Florals and stripes, or florals and plaids can always work together. Even florals with florals as long as some are very small print and some are larger. I believe that one can mix old and new as well but then that is just my crazy way of decorating. I rather like things mixed up a bit.
The above candle makes me so happy, I found it recently in Kohl's of all places. It is a Yankee Candle and it is called SoHo Living, the fragrance is called Aquamarine. I love it because I love the scent (although it can be a little over-powering if you burn it for too long) and the color as it just matches the new pillows that I put in the family room. I also purchased smaller ones just to set here and there behind pictures as they give off a scent even when they are not lite.
On my favorite banana yellow couch I found the greatest pillows at Pottery Barn on our Queens Event day. Of course we all wanted everything in Pottery Barn. These were spendy pillows but I fell in love with the colors. What do you think? I am trying to decide if I should keep them....yikes I have never spent that much on pillows before so want to make sure I love them ALOT !!!! I also put them on a bed in Charity's room and they look good there as well so double use out of them when I want a change......I love them on the couch just not sure yet if it is TOO much with my chairs???
This is Robin's room where I brought out something I fell in love with about three years ago, a poppy duvet cover and pillow shams....this room needed a change so I rather like it now, it makes me happy. Pillows can make a room look so cozy and give it a much needed change, an inexpensive way to get a new look, unless you purchase your pillows from Pottery Barn.......opps honey I over spent on these pillows but I know that you like change and appreciate it as much as I do.
And this is Charity's room, where I flipped the bedspread and on this side it is stripped instead of floral so I can get a whole new look, I have placed my new Pottery Barn pillows on the bed and in person they spice up the room. I used to have lots of smaller family-framed photo's above this bed as the A Team and Tylan loved them but was getting sick of that look, so I brought this picture in from another part of the house. It is a fresh, simple look but would rather have a larger picture going horizontal above the bed ...but oh well this is all that I have today....Fall !! I love the Fall and cannot wait for a little crisper days yet to put out pumpkins, etc.
I feel that the main thing with decorating is to LOVE the item that you purchase. Always make sure that you have an accent color and then carry that color around the room as the eye moves and the look will all come together. Florals and stripes, or florals and plaids can always work together. Even florals with florals as long as some are very small print and some are larger. I believe that one can mix old and new as well but then that is just my crazy way of decorating. I rather like things mixed up a bit.
0 comments:
Post a Comment